Off to Malaysia!

In exactly four weeks I will be travelling to Malaysia with nine other Flinders students to embark on what I hope to be an amazing three weeks at the National University of Malaysia, UKM.

I am feeling both excited and nervous as I wait for my travels to begin.  I don’t really know what to expect, other than that it will definitely be very different to here.  I have always wanted to travel and see the world, and I am so happy to say I am finally starting to do so!

After seeing the NCP mobility grant advertised by my lecturers, it immediately caught my eye.  At first I was worried I would not get chosen, as only 10 students were to be selected across the whole of science, engineering and archaeology, however I was lucky enough to be one of them!

We are going to be spending two weeks in Kuala Lumpur where we will study the history, culture, economic and political development of Malaysia.  Another week will be spent in Langkawi where I will be assisting with a research project relevant to my degree.  I am told that we will have plenty of spare time to sight see and do other fun activities while we are abroad.  I have heard that the markets are a must do, as well as snorkelling around the crystal clear beaches of Langkawi.

Amy Griffin, Bachelor of Science (Honours) (Forensic and Analytical Science) student, participating in “Investigating the history, culture, politics, and science and technology capability of  Malaysia” in January 2017 

Outbound Student Blogs Student Exchange 101