Exchange fun in Stockholm

So I have now been in Stockholm for seven weeks. It has been a true adventure!

I have made many international friends, and some Australian friends too. I was expecting to be the only Australian student here, but there are many others! My studies have been relatively relaxed, as we only take one topic every 5 weeks. While it is intensive, I find this method of study to be much more manageable.

I predicted that this journey wouldn’t be easy, and I found out from day one. I thought it would be a good idea to take my two very heavy bags from the airport to my accommodation, instead of waiting for a shuttle bus. After a very long and exhausting trek across Stockholm, I finally made it to my accommodation!

Being away from family and friends is hard sometimes too, while I’m enjoying making new friends and experiences, I am thinking about loved ones back at home too. I have already been away for three months!

Alongside my studies, I have also been overseas twice once more. A group of us took an overnight cruise to Tallinn, Estonia. It’s very cheap to sail around the Baltic from Stockholm. After a relaxed evening on the cruise, we arrived in Tallinn and were given the opportunity to explore before heading back to Stockholm that evening.

A couple weeks later, a few friends and took the overnight bus from Stockholm to Oslo in Norway. From Oslo, we hired a car and took a four day trip to the Fjords. In my opinion, it is the most beautiful mountainous area in the world!

I am now currently studying my second topic, and it is going well. At the end of this month, I have a trip to London planned, and in November a trip to Ireland.

I love Stockholm, its such a beautiful place. I would recommend anyone come visit! If you do, let me know!

Until next time,
Georgia.

Georgia Ristivojevic , Bachelor of International Tourism student, Semester 2 2017 exchange at Stockholm University, Sweden

• Read Georgia’s 1st blog post here
Georgia at Uppsala, Sweden