3 months to go!

Hoi!

I’m now nearly half way through my time at Maastricht University and can’t believe i’ll be back in Adelaide in only 3 months! I’m missing the weather back in Adelaide now that it’s getting pretty cold here in the Netherlands (well for the Aussies that is). Every-time I mention how cold the weather is at the moment I manage to make someone laugh and warn me I haven’t experienced the meaning of ‘cold’ yet. I’ll definitely have to stock up on gloves, beanies, and warmer jackets soon.

I’ve just finished the first exam period, and have started my next two topics, Adult Neuropsychology & Nutritional Neuroscience. The courses at Maastricht University are set out quite different to Flinders University. I have three periods throughout my semester, with two 8-week courses for the first and second period, and then one 4-week course during January.

The PBL system used at Maastricht doesn’t require as many contact hours compared to Flinders which has allowed me to travel nearly every weekend to somewhere in Europe (although the courses are still very intensive). I’m still getting used to how easy it is to travel to a whole new country in just a couple of hours. Recently I have travelled to Munich for Oktoberfest, Berlin, Amsterdam, Utrecht, Bruges & Brussels. I also have an upcoming trip to Budapest during November and a few trips around Europe planned for the Christmas break.

The great thing about Maastricht University is that around half of their student population is international making it so easy to make friends from all over the world. The ISN (International Student Network) also organises trips around Europe for international students, and hosts international pre-drinks on Tuesdays and Thursdays for us to meet other exchange students also at Maastricht.

Tot Ziens,

Maddy

Madeline Gilder, Bachelor of Psychological Sciences student, Semester 2 2017 exchange at Maastricht University, the Netherlands 

• Read Madeline’s 1st blog post here
Brandenburg Gate in Berlin
Boekhandel Dominicanen in Maastricht
Grand Place in Brussels