South Australian Living Arts (SALA) bilingual art tours welcome Chinese and English-speaking audiences to enjoy the SALA Festival. At the tours, visitors will see the exhibits and introducing the ideas behind the creation of the artworks. Bilingual tours are conducted over the weekends of the festival and facilitated by an incredibly dedicated group of bilingual tour guides.
Chinese-speaking volunteers are currently sought to conduct SALA bilingual art tours. Successful volunteer tour guides will have a passion for art and commitment to the role. Everyone who speaks Chinese and English fluently is encouraged to join the team. Induction will be offered to successful candidates.
- To assist the team with tour guiding.
- To effectively communicate with visitors, artists, and venue representatives.
- To attend meetings and group activities.
- To complete the designated tasks.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluent in English and Chinese.
- Required to attend group activities and to complete designated tasks.
- Approximately three hours per session over the weekends of the festival (August).
- Required to complete designate tasks individually in your own time.
This volunteering opportunity is perfect for people who are interested in learning local culture, meeting new friends and extending networks for future careers. The bilingual art tours provide face-to-face induction session for tour guiding and useful promotion skills. A special SALA hoodie and a signed certificate will be awarded to all volunteers.
To express your interest in this volunteer position with SALA, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (no later than 10 July 2019). Successful candidates will be contacted via email.