In the last edition of Ping!, for a chance to win a pair of duck socks, we asked what one piece of advice would you like to share with your fellow students.
Thanks so much to everyone who shared their valuable advice. Here’s a collection of your tips:
- Keep in touch with your friends as much as possible
- Talk with your classmates, join online group chats
- Ask your tutor/lecturer for help anytime
- Set yourself a timetable and stick to it
- Schedule breaks as well as study
- Don’t let lectures build up, watch them as they are released
- Take time away from your screen
- Ask questions if you’re unsure
- Get support earlier rather than later
- Make lists
- Making a list of everything you need to do, no matter how small, keeps you organised and gives you satisfaction when you tick things off
- Pomodoro technique
- Close all news and social media when studying
- Have a space dedicated to study
Most importantly, and this has come up a lot, ask for help as soon as you need it. We are here to help!
We know you hear this message every 5 minutes, but that’s because it’s both true and important: You are not alone, and we are in this together.