See below for updates on construction works happening around campus.
Plaza turf works – Saturday 12 September
On Saturday 12 September contractors will be replacing the turf on the steps at the northern end between 6am – 4pm. There will be minimal disruption associated with this work, with a brief period of noise (approximately 30 minutes) while some compacting is undertaken.
Roofing works to the Matthew Flinders Theatre
We’re commencing works to re-roof the Matthew Flinders Theatre in the coming weeks. This is part of our capital infrastructure renewal program to replace ageing infrastructure and help to prevent future roof leaks.
Advanced works – 17 September to 9 October 2020 (scaffold works may commence from weekend of Saturday 12 September)
- Scaffolding works both internal and external to the building (refer image below)
- Relocation of pipes fixed on the existing roof to enable the works to go ahead
The re-roofing is scheduled for 1 December, with works continuing until February 2021.
Where possible construction works will be limited to out of hours or weekends, however there will be some noise associated with this project. Thanks for your understanding as we conduct these essential renewal works.
Some repair work on the vinyl floor in the Hub will be in progress this weekend on Saturday 12 and Sunday 13 September from 8am – 2pm on both days. This will affect the following areas:
- The central seating aisle of the student kitchen (the kitchen, outer aisles, vending machine and access to the parenting room will all remain open)
- Within the Urban Paddock area
- The parenting room (minor repair works)
- Other areas in the Hub (not anticipated to cause disruption)
The student kitchen works will create some noise for short periods on Saturday and low odour, water based products will be used for the repairs.