Are you an engineering student?
If you meet the criteria below, apply for a Playford Trust scholarship to receive up to $10,000 to help with your studies, as well as work placement opportunities to boost your career prospects!
HURRY – applications close Friday 25 September.
Nyrstar/Playford Trust Scholarships
Four two-year scholarships in the areas of chemical, mechanical or electrical engineering.
Available to students commencing their third-year of undergraduate studies in 2021
- Valued at $10,000 per year, for two years
- Involves paid eight-week work placements at Nyrstar’s Port Pirie Smelter over the summer vacation
SA Power Networks/Playford Trust Scholarship
One scholarship for a student in their final year of a degree in Electrical Engineering in the field of power engineering or asset management.
- Valued at $7,000 for one year
- Opportunity for a work placement at SA Power Networks this summer. The type of work to be undertaken – and the level of commitment – to be negotiated between the successful student and the company
One scholarship for a student commencing Honours or fourth-year of civil, structural, mechanical or electrical engineering in 2021.
- Valued at $7000 for one year
- The successful applicant will have the opportunity to develop their skills and enhance their industry participation through a summer vacation placement with WSP. The work placement will involve technical engineering design, site inspections/surveys, and design modelling within the Transport, Property, Resources, Environment or Water sectors within WSP. The work experience will be for up to a six week flexible period and offers the opportunity for a potential ongoing paid internship and future employment.