Studying is a part of University life that requires patience, practice, and trial and error. With exams now underway, and major assessment pieces due, it’s timely to think about study strategies that are right for you. To help you, consider the top 10 tips below that were recommended by Flinders students at the recent Student Learning Support Service pop up stall in the Hub!
- Read sample assignments on FLO and examples of how to structure
- Visit the Student Learning Advisors in the Learning Lounge
- Write your due dates down, plan your time well and start early
- Mind map your thoughts to get an understanding on direction and ideas for your assignment
- Break your tasks into very small manageable bits, start with the easiest and go from there
- Make “self” exams and revision questions
- Get off social media
- Be kind to yourself and realistic, stay focused, get things done and treat yourself afterwards
- Get enough sleep, sleep early and wake up early
- Take regular short breaks – go for a walk, do yoga, have a snack (not just coffee!)
If you feel you may need some extra help with direction, study tips or assignments, please feel free to visit the Learning Lounge. The Learning Lounge will remain open throughout Semester 1 and 2 Monday to Friday 10am –12pm and 1pm –3pm (no appointment necessary). You can access either in person at Level 2, Central Library (Room 213) or online via Collaborate.