Starting Semester 2 checklist

There is loads of information to help you get started at Flinders, from how to accept your offer and plan your enrolment, to finalising your timetable and accessing your study materials. Log in to Compass, go to the new students section and follow the six steps to get everything sorted. Check out our extended Orientation Program for a list of things we recommend you do each week, to help you get familiar with all the services, resources and activities available to you.

All of this can be overwhelming, so we’ve put together a brief list of some important admin tasks you should get onto before your studies start. Please note, this is not a comprehensive list of everything you need to do, but will head you off in the right direction.

• Complete my Commonwealth Assistance Forms for my tuition fees and my Student Services and Amenities Fees if I want to defer paying my fees
  • Enrol in my topics (usually 4 topics/ 36 units for a full-time study load)
  • Register in class activities (if required, note, some online topics do not have scheduled classes)
  • Order my Student ID card
  • Know which textbooks I need, have bought them or know where to access them
  • Plan my journey to Flinders (and bought my metro card or parking permit if needed)
  • Visit Flinders Learning Online (FLO) and had a look at my topic information
  • Check out the Library (either online or in person)
  • Check my timetable for week one, so I know where I am supposed to be and when
  • Find my classrooms (if I need to attend classes)

During Semester, make sure you keep an eye on your Flinders email account for Ping (our student e-newsletter), which has important information, news, events and giveaways.

Good luck with your studies and please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

All students compass FLO Uncategorised