Mentorships 2023

Image: Sarah Sturm

INREVIEW MENTORSHIP

The Helpmann Academy InReview Mentorship 2023 seeks to develop the next generation of arts reviewers. The ten-week mentoring program will connect experienced arts writers with
emerging voices wanting to embark on a career as an arts reviewer.

The successful mentee will be matched with an InReview mentor(s) who will be assigned based on the interests and background of the mentee. The mentee
will build their skills and produce several written reviews for InReview.

Graduates from eligible programs with an interest in arts writing are encouraged to apply. You can be from any of our partner institutions and discipline.

“I’ve learned so much from my mentors, they’ve been so generous with their feedback and their time.”
Michelle Wakim
Inaugural InReview Mentorship recipient

Applications close Sunday 13 November 2022 at 11:59pm

ELEVATE MENTORSHIP

The Elevate Mentorship program is one of our longest running and most successful programs.
This program is a valuable way to build on an emerging career and can take the form of creative development or business/entrepreneurial acumen.

The mentorship structure can vary considerably depending on the goals of the mentee and what the mentor can offer.

‘Working alongside an industry leader was the most beneficial part of my Mentorship; I was able to gain an insight into the professional world of music- making beyond university.
Calab Lavery
Elevate Mentorship participant

Our second and final round for this year, is now open. Activity is for 2023.

Applications close Sunday 6 November 2022 at 11:59pm

PROJECT CURATOR MENTORSHIP

Are you interested in broadening your arts practice?
If you have ever considered art curation then the Project Curator mentorship opportunity is for you.

Emerging visual artists and curators will undertake a mentorship as Project
Curator for the 2023 Helpmann Academy Graduate Exhibition. The successful applicant will work under Patrice Sharkey, Artistic Director, ACE, on all curatorial aspects of the Graduate Exhibition.

“This process really helped me to believe in myself and my abilities. I was almost thinking about pursuing something completely different outside of the
arts before I did this mentorship. This inspired me to want to keep going.”

Lucy Zola.
2022 Project Curator

Applications close Sunday 16 October 2022 at 11:59pm

Uncategorised