One in five Australian adults experiences a mental health problem. Mental Health First Aid is the initial help and support provided to a person experiencing a mental health issue or in a mental health crisis, until the appropriate professional help is received, or the crisis resolves. This 2-day practical and accredited educational course equips you with the skills to understand mental health issues and help others, using a proven, evidence-based Action Plan.
It does not teach you to be a counsellor.
Over the 2 days, participants will:
- Learn how to recognise common mental health problems
- Improve knowledge of mental illnesses, their treatments and appropriate first aid actions
- Increase confidence to provide first aid
- Learn where and how to seek appropriate professional help
- Know how to respond in a crisis.
- Places are extremely limited, DO NOT register unless you can attend.
- Only Flinders Uni students can enrol.
- If you have any concerns about your capacity to fully participate in this course, please contact the provider.
** If you have any concerns about your own mental health, please contact Health Counselling and Disability Service or your own mental health practitioner **
Any questions or concerns contact: email@example.com