Your FAQs

Each month we will share some of our timely frequently asked questions around educational technology.

How do I make a welcome video for my topic?
There are numerous options for recording and editing videos:

·      Phone or tablet (for quick-to-produce videos that don’t need editing)
·      Kaltura Desktop Recorder in FLO (My Media – narrated PowerPoint video presentations, screen recordings, webcam recordings)
·      Snagit (screenshot program that captures video display and audio output)
·      The Multimedia Recording Studio (video and audio recording using green screen technology)
·      Camtasia (video editing and screen recording application)

For support on using Camtasia, Desktop Recorder (My Media) and Snagit, please contact your local eLearning support team. More information can be found on the FLO staff support site (eLearning Gateway). Camtasia training is available via iEnrol.

How do I add readings to my topic?
The Readings (Leganto) system allows you to assemble material of all types – physical books, eBooks, online or digitised book chapters, scholarly articles, videos, newspaper articles, websites, and more – in a structured, comprehensive resource list. A link to the Readings system is included in every FLO topic site.

For support, view the Readings for topic coordinators guide or contact the Learning Access Team via the Readings query in Service One.

If the readings link has been removed from your topic, please contact your local eLearning support team.

Contributed by Marcia Schubert
eLearning and Media Support Officer – CILT

FAQs