On 16 December FLO will be getting a facelift as part of the regular FLO upgrade cycle. Whilst the software foundation will remain the same, the interface will be refreshed, bringing significant benefits to users:
- A more contemporary look and feel
- Better ability to control the way topics are viewed on the dashboard
- Improved navigation
- More mobile friendly
- A timeline feed for students showing upcoming due dates
- Easier access to recently visited topics and activities
What does this mean for teaching staff?
- You will still be able to perform all the same functions you can now (plus some new ones – particularly improvements to forums, quizzes, assignments and gradebook)
- After the change some functions may be found in a slightly different location, or may be performed in a slightly different (more intuitive) way
- There are many key elements that will remain the same (eg. menus, icons) providing a level of familiarity
- At first glance your topic will appear different, but rest assured this is only the aesthetics. The content and layout of your topic modules will remain unchanged.
What support will be available?
Your College Online Learning and Teaching (OLT) team will be available to support you through this change. They will do all the behind the scenes work to ensure the change is as smooth as possible for you and your students. More detailed communication will be sent during November and December.
Roadshows will be conducted from November 2020 in College locations to demonstrate the changes. Roadshows will also be run in January and February 2021. Support materials will be made available from the website.
More information about the interface and other changes is available on the FLO website.
If you have any questions, please contact the Online Learning and Teaching team in your College.