On 16 December FLO got a facelift as part of the regular FLO upgrade cycle. While the software underpinning FLO remains the same, the interface has been refreshed bringing about some significant benefits.
Benefits of the FLO facelift include:
- A more contemporary look and feel
- Better ability to control the way topics are viewed on the dashboard
- Improved navigation
- More mobile friendly
- A timeline feed for students showing upcoming due dates
- Easier access to recently visited topics and activities
What does this mean for teaching staff?
- You can still perform all the same functions (plus some new ones – particularly improvements to forums, quizzes, assignments and gradebook)
- Some functions may be found in a slightly different location, or may be performed in a slightly different (more intuitive) way
- There are many key elements that remain the same (e.g. menus, icons) providing a level of familiarity
- At first glance your topic will appear different, but rest assured this is only the aesthetics. The content and layout of your topic modules are unchanged.
What support will be available?
Your College Online Learning and Teaching (OLT) team are available to support you through this change. They are doing all the behind-the-scenes work to ensure the change is as smooth as possible for you and your students.
Roadshows will be conducted in January and February in College locations to demonstrate the changes.
More information about the interface and other changes is available on the FLO website.
Can I upload a topic banner?
One of the more visually exciting changes is that all topics can now use a banner image. The banner image will be used as the topic ‘card’ image on MyFLO and will also display across the top of your topic. Information on how to upload a banner image is available, along design specifications. If you have any questions about banners, or require assistance uploading banners, please contact the Online Learning and Teaching team in your College.