Your FAQs

Each month we share some of our timely frequently asked questions around educational technology.

Q: Before the FLO upgrade my topic blocks were visible in the right-hand column, but I can no longer see them. Can I get them back?
A: Since the FLO upgrade topic blocks are now accessible via the Topic Blocks button, just under your profile picture (top right of your window). To show/hide your topic blocks click this button – once for visible and again for hidden.

Topic Blocks button

Q: There’s a navigation bar down the left-hand side of my window. Can I get rid of it?
A: You can collapse the navigation bar if you require more screen space but note it has some very useful features. From the FLO homepage you can quickly jump between topics and My Media. When in a topic, this menu automatically changes allowing you to quickly jump between modules within that site. To show/hide this menu, click the hamburger menu button in the top left of the window.

Hamburger menu

Q: I used to have a search box to find topics I have access to. How can I search for topics now?
A: The search facility is now available to everyone and can be located by clicking on Quicklinks > Topic Search. (Note you can find the staff and student FLO help from this Quicklinks menu too).

Topic Search

When looking for topics, you don’t need to know the exact name of the site. You can type a key word, subject code, or year for a broader search, noting FLO will find part words. If looking for all topics from a subject area for a particular year and/or semester you could enter BUSN 2021 or BUSN 2021 S1. If looking for all first-year undergraduate topics from a subject area you could type SPTH1, or SPTH2 for second year undergraduate topics. Be careful with topics containing “and” or “&” as they’re not interchangeable and for words that are plural. If you cannot find what you’re looking for the first time, consider different search terms that may be more successful. Have fun trying out different combinations to become familiar with the results that are returned!

FAQs