A Resubmission webpage has been published to support Topic Coordinators and students in relation to resubmission. The page outlines the policy statement and process students and Topic Coordinators are required to follow when resubmitting an assessment. As indicated in the Assessment Variation Procedures, students are eligible to resubmit an assessment provided they meet the criteria outlined in the procedures. These are repeated on the Resubmission webpage.
A link to the resubmission webpage will be added to all semester 2 and non-semester 2 FLO sites by the College-based Online Learning and Teaching teams to ensure that students are receiving consistent information about the resubmission process.
In addition to outlining the eligibility criteria the webpage includes:
- A notification of intention to resubmit an assessment form which students wishing to resubmit are required to email to Topic Coordinators within 48 hours of receiving the marked original submission
- A resubmission proforma which students must complete outlining how they have addressed feedback and submit along with their revised assessment, within one week after the return of the original submission
Provided students meet the criteria outlined in the Assessment Variation Procedures (and repeated on the Resubmission webpage) they are eligible to resubmit an assessment: no explicit approval from Topic Coordinators is required.
Topic Coordinators need to take relevant action to allow the resubmission to occur in FLO – see notes on the webpage (repeated here for your convenience)
“If a notification of intention to resubmit an assessment form is received and the assessment has been facilitated by the FLO assignment tool, please follow these steps (refer to the FLO staff support pages for instructions):
- Allow another attempt for this student
- Set a new due date for one week after the return of the original submission
- Check the maximum number of uploaded files your setting allows for the inclusion of the Resubmission proforma.
If a notification of intention to resubmit an assessment form is received and the assessment is NOT facilitated by the FLO assignment tool, either:
- Make appropriate arrangements with the student (eg. verbal presentation, performance, etc.)
- Contact your Learning Designer for advice on facilitating resubmission in other FLO tools (eg. quiz)”
We are currently investigating the feasibility of a tool in FLO to support resubmission and will let you know about progress on that in the coming weeks. In the meantime, as part of a continuous improvement approach, please send any comments or feedback regarding these tools to the Centre for Innovation in Learning and Teaching.