No, you aren’t wrong about the date! We break from our usually scheduled blog to announce that we in Digital Research Services (DRS) have three new 1 year term positions as a result of the significant program of works we are undertaking.
These positions will be based at Bedford Park and will work closely with the existing DRS team and our partners including the Library, Office of Graduate Research (OGR) and Research Development and support (DRS).
However, the third position, for a Senior Business analyst will first be an internal to IDS expression of interest.
The Senior Business Analyst is primarily responsible for a full range of business analysis activities, including business process modelling, business case development, business requirements elicitation, analysing, developing and documenting effective business requirements and system specifications for digital projects. Key position capabilities are:
- Substantial relevant experience in formal Business Analyst roles in IT projects, and an ability to demonstrate a comprehensive range of well-developed business analysis competencies.
- A comprehensive understanding and substantial experience in the application of a wide range of business analysis methods, techniques, frameworks (such as BABOK) and tools, and a strong appreciation of project management methodologies and concepts
- Demonstrated ability to contribute strongly in project teams to deliver projects successfully, including strong interpersonal and relationship management skills and the ability to elicit business requirements effectively.
- Proven ability to write clear, concise and accurate technical, systems and user documentation
- Strong interpersonal influencing and communication ability with staff and stakeholders across a diverse organisation, particularly during the design, management and implementation of business projects
- Sound user training and application support skills
NOTE: If you currently have a continuing role at the University you can return to that role after a secondment within the University that lasts two years or less, you do not give up your continuing role.
If you would like to apply for the senior Business analyst position please submit an application via email to Sally Wheldrake, addressing the key capabilities listed above along with your resume, before COB Monday 23rd July 2018.