Amanda is ready to Explore

Congratulations to Amanda Palmer (DipNg ’83, BNg(PostReg) ’85 MNg(NPrac) ’15)  for winning the $5,000 travel voucher as part of our Win to Explore competition.

Amanda is a Flinders University nursing graduate who achieved her Masters of Nursing (Nurse Practitioner) in 2015.

“The Masters of Nursing related to the work I was doing at the time,” says Amanda. “I really enjoyed studying my Masters online as it allowed me the freedom to study when I wanted – flexibility that was handy with two children.”

Amanda currently works at the Metropolitan Youth Health Service at the Women’s and Children’s Hospital. In her role, she provides complex care clinics in community locations, care coordination and post-release follow up for youth leaving custody, plus advanced health assessments for those in the juvenile justice system.

Amanda is passionate about her field and proud of what she has achieved since graduating from Flinders. “My role is very demanding but also very satisfying. I love being able to help young people who have complex health needs, to find the care they need.”

In such a demanding role, Amanda says she’s ready for a holiday, but is still deciding what she will explore with her $5,000 travel voucher.