Emily’s Story | Flinders Business Student’s Association

FBSA Quiz Night

Hello there!

My name is Emily, and I am currently in my third year of studying a Bachelor of Business majoring in Human Resource Management, combined with a Bachelor of Health Science Majoring in Health Management.

I remember heading into my first O’Week at Flinders University feeling very nervous about making friends at university, and I wondered, where would I meet people who shared the same interests as me?

Joining the Flinders Business Students’ Association (FBSA) was not something that I considered that first O’Week. But as I progressed through my studies and realised that I was really passionate about my business studies, I decided to join this year. And I have to say, I am so glad that I finally did. I wish I had done so earlier!

Essentially the association is run by business students for business students, and they host events like first-year mixers, pub crawls, quiz nights and annual balls every year. By attending these events, I have been able to make so many friends from all business majors, and most importantly I have had so much fun!

There is something for every business student within the association: whether that is event planning, marketing events, human resource management, leadership opportunities and countless other opportunities. It had been amazing to work as part of a team and help other business students.

If business isn’t your thing, there are so many different clubs across Flinders University you could join: from sporting clubs, to the Doggo Club, to the Quidditch Team, or the other study area associations. There is bound to be a group of people with similar interests you, who you may just form lifelong friendships with.

I wish you all the best with finding your tribe here at Flinders.

Emily

Uncategorised