Closing date: 31 August 2021
Flinders Health and Medical Research Institute (FHMRI) is a multi-disciplinary research institute with a broad focus on health and medical research. FHMRI’s mission is to deliver a research environment at Flinders University that delivers innovative, high-value research in areas of priority to the South Australian community. To support this, FHMRI aims to develop a robust and sustainable consumer and community engagement program.
The purpose of the Consumer Advisory Board (CAB):
To support the development of a thriving research culture at FHMRI that actively engages with consumers and the broader community across the research to translation lifecycle.
- Ensure consumer and community priorities and perspectives are reflected in FMHRI health and medical research and/or key areas of research focus
- Provide advice to FHMRI Executive on emerging issues locally, nationally and internationally in the areas of consumer and community engagement
- Engage as appropriate with consumer and community engagement activities undertaken by FHMRI
- Ensure that consumer views and contributions are valued and fairly compensated
- Collaborate with FHMRI Executive to co-create consumer and community engagement strategies and activities, including but not limited to:
- Building consumer and community capacity to participate in research
- Building researcher capacity to engage with consumers and communities
- Contributing to the evidence supporting the value of consumer involvement in research
Full terms of reference are available.
Membership will include consumers who have lived experience of a health/medical issue, disability or have been affected by a health/medical issue and/or provide care for someone with a health/medical issue. The CAB will aim to include consumers with a broad and diverse demographic including age, gender, cultural background, socio-economic and geographic locations. Previous experience in consumer engagement in research and involvement in committees or working groups is favoured. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to meet with a FHRMI representative (in person or online) to discuss their potential contribution.
We invite expressions of interest for the position of Co-Chair (Consumer representative) and Membership (Consumer) of the FHMRI Consumer Engagement Board.
Please complete this short online form: https://qualtrics.flinders.edu.au/jfe/form/SV_4PBvRxaGHhdqQYe
Any questions or to request CAB Terms of Reference, please email Flinders Health & Medical Research Institute email@example.com