Staff and students are advised to take note of pending changes to traffic arrangements and pedestrian access from 2 February 2018 as part ongoing works related to the Darlington Upgrade Project.
Major changes to traffic arrangements, Ayliffes Road, St Marys
Traffic on Ayliffes Road is being switched to the edges of the roadway in order to allow for the construction of the new Ayliffes Road bridge.
The traffic switch will occur between South Road and Norman Street, St Marys and come into effect on the weekend of 2–4 February 2018.
- This will mean a reversible lane will be in operation on Ayliffes Road during peak periods.
- This will enable three lanes of traffic to operate for eastbound (city bound) traffic during the morning peak (6am – 10am).
- It will also enable three lanes of traffic to operate for westbound (outbound) traffic during the afternoon peak (2pm – 8pm).
- The reversible lane will be changed each morning and afternoon to cater for the required direction of traffic.
- At all other times, two lanes of traffic will operate in each direction on Ayliffes Road.
- Motorists will be required to closely observe on-site signage and changed speed limits.
- Ayliffes Road will remain open at all times.
- All existing turning movements will remain available at the Ayliffes Road, South Road and Shepherds Hill Road intersection.
These traffic arrangements will be in place until early 2019.
Pedestrians and cyclists
Pedestrian access on the western side of South Road from Tonsley Boulevard through to Mimosa Terrace will be permanently closed from 8.00pm on Friday 2 February 2018.
Bus stop 25 (northbound) on South Road, St Marys, will be permanently closed from 8.00pm on Friday 2 February 2018.
Patrons will be required to use bus stop 24A (northbound) on South Road.
Staff are encouraged to find out how these works will affect them and allow additional travel time and take extra care when workers are on-site.
Weekend works, 2-5 February 2018
From 8.00pm Friday 2 February to Monday 5 February 2018, beams will be installed for the new Flinders Drive bridge.
The following traffic restrictions will be in place:
- The traffic signals at the intersection will not be in operation throughout the weekend, with motorists directed by on-site traffic controllers.
- The right turn out of Flinders Drive onto Main South Road will not be permitted. Vehicles will be required to turn left and perform a u-turn on Main South Road just south of Brookside Road.
- Vehicles turning right from Main South Road into Flinders Drive will be reduced to one lane.
- Traffic on Main South Road through the work site will be reduced to two lanes in each direction.
- Emergency services access and bus access will be maintained at all times.
Staff planning to travel through the area over this weekend are advised to allow extra travel time and take extra care when workers are on-site.
This information is subject to change.
For the latest information, staff are invited to:
- Visit the Darlington Upgrade Project website
- Call the project office on 1300 759 334 (or drop in to the project site office)
- View the current works and upcoming activities
- Email email@example.com
- Download the app for real time delay information at addinsight.com.au
- Follow twitter.com/DPTI_SA
- Like facebook.com/DPTISA