Created in collaboration with students, the Flinders University Student Association (FUSA) developed the initiative three years ago to reflect the University’s culture and promote an appropriate understanding of consent, respect and empathy.
The innovative campaign included a bank of resources that FUSA then made available for other universities to use, with the aim of addressing sexual assault and harassment across the nation and contributing to wide-spread attitude and behavioural change.
The engaging campaign was recognised by the Universities Australia awards in 2018 with a high commendation for Best Proactive Communications.
Universities to take up the campaign to date include:
- Swinburne University (Victoria)
- La Trobe University (Victoria)
- Victoria University (Victoria)
- Edith Cowen University (Western Australia)
- RMIT University (Victoria)
- University of New England (NSW)