In the spirit of Reconciliation and to provide more opportunities to showcase Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander knowledge, Inspiring South Australia is offering grants to fund science engagement and science communication projects, events or activities that showcase and share Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander science, technology, engineering, maths and medicine (STEMM) knowledge.
Grants of up to $5,000 are available to enable Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander-owned organisations or communities to develop and deliver projects, events or activities which share Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander STEMM knowledge and culture. The grants are also available for non-Aboriginal organisations to partner with Aboriginal-owned organisations or individuals for developing and delivering projects/events/activities to share Aboriginal STEMM knowledge.
Applicants may include but are not limited to:
- Aboriginal scientists, engineers, inventors, artists, medical practitioners
- Aboriginal scientists and researchers
- Freelance producers working with Aboriginal community groups and/or scientists
- Artists and arts organisations
- Community organisations
- Cultural institutions
- Landcare groups
- Citizen science groups or projects
- An Aboriginal person or Aboriginal owned organisation or business must be a key part of the design and delivery of the project/event/activity.
- The project/event/activity provides the participants/audience with an opportunity to learn about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander STEMM knowledge from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Applications close 5pm (ACST) on Wednesday 29 June 2022.
For more information and to apply for the grants, click here: https://inspiringsa.org.au/reconciliation-science-engagement-grants-2022/