Works across campus this week include ongoing traffic management on University Drive, constructing a new PC2 greenhouse near car park 8 – and get ready for upcoming water outages and sewer works.
Traffic management – University Drive
Please continue to take additional care, slow down, and follow all signage and directions on the roads around the Health and Medical Research Builiding (HMRB) construction site.
• Intersection of University Drive and Sports Road: Works will be underway from Tuesday 29 November to Friday 2 December, extending approximately 50m prior to University Drive from the Sports Road intersection. One southbound lane along University Drive will be open at all times, and traffic will be able to turn right from University Drive into Sports Road.
• Car park 12: Works will be underway at the entrance to car park 12 between Thursday 1 and Friday 16 December. During this time, the works on University Drive will pause to allow traffic to flow more freely.
- One lane between the roundabout and the entrance of car park 12 will remain open to traffic at all times, with a controller to manage flow during peak times (6am to 6pm) and appropriate give-way signage in place during off-peak times.
- Some car parks directly in front of the HMRB will be unavailable throughout the works.
- The Station Express campus bus service stop will not be affected.
PC2 Greenhouse – Car Park 8
A small number of parks will be unavailable in car park 8 while a new PC2 greenhouse is constructed in the Biology precinct. Please follow all directional signage in the car park, slow down and take additional care.
Carpet cleaning is occurring across many spaces including:
- Central Library
- Health Sciences
- Social Sciences South
- Student Hub and Union Building
- Student Centre
These areas will receive local communications in advance and the work will create minimal disturbance.
Anchor Court landscaping works
Works are underway to install drainage and irrigation, new lawn and new plantings in the garden beds to improve the amenity of Anchor Court, for everyone to enjoy. The lawn area will remain fenced for the duration of these works, which should be completed by mid-December.
Sewer works continue
There will be no access into Biology Road from Wednesday 14 December to Friday 16 December due to continuing sewer works. A few car parks will be unavailable in car park 1 during this time and traffic exiting the top level of car park 1 will be left turn only. Please avoid using level 1 if possible – the middle and lower levels of car park 1 will remain unaffected.
Reminder: Water outage on Saturday 17 and Sunday 18 December
Maintenance works on water services will result in a water outage for North and South Ridges across the weekend of 17-18 December. The following services will be affected:
- Tap water
- Toilet flushing
- Any equipment requiring water
- Air conditioning
Back up portable toilets will be available at the southern end of the Plaza and in front of the Sports Centre. Please note that these works will not impact fire services. A second planned outage for the IST and Engineering buildings across the weekend of 14-15 January 2023 will impact the same services. Where possible, please avoid the campus at these times.