The Flinders NT Regional Training Hub (FNT RTH) is offering a limited number of sponsorships for Northern Territory Medical Program Students (NTMP) and NT Medical Interns and Pre-Vocational Doctors interested in medical specialist careers to attend specialist college conferences and scientific meetings.
Current opportunities include:
• The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists
51st Annual Congress, Sydney 8-12 November 2019
• Australasian College for Emergency Medicine
Annual Scientific Meeting, Hobart 17-21 November 2019
• Doctors Health Advisory Service
Australasian Doctors Health Conference, Perth, 22-23 November 2019
• Australasian College of Sport and Exercise Physicians
Conference 2020, Canberra 5-9 February 2020
• Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists
Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM) and the Faculty of Pain Medicine Symposium, Perth 1-5 May 2020
• Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists
2019 Congress, Cairns 12-16 May 2020
You must be prepared to commit and register for the conference by 1 December 2019. Other conferences and symposiums will be considered but must be available for registration by 1 December 2019. Preference will be given to those that work and live in rural and remote areas in MMR 6 and 7 regions.
For more information about the conferences, please visit the conference websites.
FNT RTH will fund the following for the successful applicants:
- Conference registration
- The conference dinner
- Economy return airfares to the conference location
- Airport transfers
- Accommodation for the duration of the conference
Selection will be a competitive process based on answers to the selection criteria below.
- Which conference would you like to attend?
- Why would you like to attend this conference/scientific meeting?
- What do you expect to learn from the conference/scientific meeting?
- How will attendance at the conference/scientific meeting fit in with your career aspirations?
- What are your long-term goals or aspirations for training and working within the Northern Territory?
- Would you be able to attend the whole conference? If not, please provide justification.
- Would you be prepared to submit a report on your attendance at the conference and have that report or a quote from your report along with your photograph posted on the Flinders NT Website and Facebook page?
- How would you acknowledge the support provided by the Flinders NT Regional Training Hub to attend the conference?
For Flinders NT Medical Program Students, your progress through the NT Medical Program will be reviewed as part of this submission. Please note that those students that are located in MMR6 and 7 regions will be prioritised for selection.
If selected to attend the conference, you will be required to organise a NT Medical Program student leave form and provide a copy once approved before registration.
Please email your completed selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27 October 2019.