Get to know your OGR – Nicole Harris

What do you do in the world of Higher Degrees by Research?

I am the HDR Progressions and Variations Officer in the HDR Progression team. I help students with progression queries, in particular, to do with variations, milestones and Inspire, and manage the HDR Progression inbox. I am responsible for reviewing and processing variations such as intermissions, extensions, transfers to part-time and upgrades. I also manage student milestones, including ensuring student timelines are accurate, managing milestone dates and following up on milestones to ensure students are progressing with their research. I also have been a part of building our candidature management system, Inspire, and continue to work on enhancements to the system.

The best part of your job?

I love being able to help our amazing students. When you are able to help a student to feel less stressed and leave happy with the outcome, I feel a great sense of accomplishment. I also work with some incredibly great, hard-working staff who make coming to work every day an enjoyable experience.

Your favourite holiday destination?

I love to travel to the Gold Coast as I love the warm weather and the beach. I also love to visit the USA to see my sister and my little niece and nephew in New York City. I am keen to travel and explore more throughout the USA and through Europe.

Your favourite Cuisine?

I love dessert! I go out for dessert with friends as often as I can. Chocolate and strawberry crepes are one of my favourite desserts.  

Do you have any pets?

Yes, I have a gorgeous, fluffy rescue cat named Lucy. She loves cuddles, pats, sleeping and food.

HDR