The Australian Bureau of Statistics new website (https://www.abs.gov.au/ ) is now live offering key statistics that are more prominent along with more interactive graphs and tables.
In addition to openly available reports, the Australian Bureau of Statistics/Universities Australia agreement allows researchers from our university to apply for free of charge access to various confidentialised datasets.
Australian Census Longitudinal Dataset
This dataset uses the Census of Population and Housing to build a longitudinal picture giving an overview of social and economic change over time.
Multi-Agency Data Integration Project
The Multi-Agency Data Integration Project (MADIP) is a partnership among six Australian Government agencies to combine longitudinal information on healthcare, education, government payments and personal income tax with population demographics to create a comprehensive social picture of Australia.
Furthermore, a few other new microdata products are also now available:
• Business Longitudinal Analysis Data Environment, BLADE
• Businesses in Australia, 2018-19
• Barriers and Incentives to Labour Force Participation, Retirement and Retirement Intentions, 2018-19
• National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health, 2018-19
• Longitudinal Labour Force, Australia, 1982-2020
• Personal Income of Migrants
• Characteristics of Recent Migrants
• Census of Motor Vehicles
• Participation, Job Search and Mobility
• Qualifications and Work
• Labour Force Status of Families
• Education and Work
The full list of all 250 datasets available can be found at http://www.abs.gov.au/websitedbs/D3310114.nsf/home/Expected+and+available+Microdata .
For other opportunities of obtaining confidentialised and open data access please refer to https://libraryflin.flinders.edu.au/researchers/statistical-tools-and-services
Inquiries about the datasets and the application procedures can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org