Kyle Whenan – All good things come to an end – Good-bye to Washington

Well unfortunately all good things must come to an end, and it is time to go home. The past 6 weeks in Washington DC undertaking the WIP have been life changing. I have made new friends, seen many sights, improved myself professionally and achieved everything I wanted to out of this internship. We have been very fortunate to have been given permission by Flinders in the current COVID climate, and for that we are all very grateful. This internship is something I will always look back on, I just wish I could stay longer.

The internship has really solidified where I would like to go career wise. Seeing events and discussions we usually see on TV shows and movies up close and personal has been truly eye opening. For those students reading this who are considering applying for the Washington Internship Program: do it. If I had the chance to do this again I would do it 100%. You will make new friends, experience different cultures, see Washington up close, and develop all of your skills necessary to help you gain employment post study. I already can’t wait to see what the future holds.

Education Washington Internship Program