An enormous amount of work has been done in the last two weeks on level 1 of the Central Library. Although some areas will not be finished for approximately 3 weeks, Library Staff and Service points will move back into Level 1 of the Central Library as of Monday 22nd February at 9am ready for Orientation Week. Check out the latest photos on our Flickr page!
- The Library Entrance will be back on Level 1 and you can enter through the automatic doors at the top of the stairs.
- Temporary Information, Loans and FLO desks will be located in front of the Reference Collection, while work on the new desk is finished.
- ID Card services will be available from a temporary location on Level 2.
- The Readings Collection and Holds will be closed access and will be located on the Reference Collection shelves. They will remain here until the new desk is finished, when they will move to shelves behind the loans counter.
- The Central Library Liaison Librarians will move back to their offices from Monday.
- Reference will remain on Level 0 until the desk is completed.
- New Periodicals will remain on level 0 until the desk is completed. They will then move to their permanent location near the Reference Collection.
- The cafe, library service desk and the returns room will remain hoarded off behind white plastic until the work on these areas is completed.
- The 24 hour lab will revert to 24 hour card access from 9am Monday 22nd February.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused. More information about the project can be found at the Library Redevelopment webpage.