Our new beta search FindIt@Flinders has been “live” for a couple of weeks now and we have been getting some great feedback and questions about it.
Feedback So Far:
- “give more options for searching (e.g. more field terms)…. I love the idea of this one stop search tool as it makes assignment research MUCH easier”
- “Instead of just one line to enter the search data, is it possible to have a set-up like proquest with different subjects that connect for specificity?”
Sure! If you want to use more fields in your search, you can use the FindIt@Flinders Advanced Search options. Just click on the FindIt@Flinders icon on the library home page to see the Advanced Search link, or go to the FindIt@Flinders home page.
- “The beta search is a great idea. I was able to find many more articles than I had come across through Google Scholar. Searching for material is much more efficient this way.”
- “It gave me more results than I expected as it pooled from not only books but journals and everything!… I have long awaited for a system like this which other universities have. THIS MUST STAY! Its great!”
We are glad you like our new search – thanks for letting us know and good luck with your research.
Help & Search Tips
Try our FindIt@Flinders LibGuide for:
– what is FindIt@Flinders?
– search tips & hints
– short video tutorials on:
- finding peer-reviewed articles
- finding a specific book
- placing a hold
Or ask one of our friendly librarians at the Information Desk – we are happy to help.
Tell us what you think