Over the coming weeks the Library will be fine tuning its processes so that we are able to provide a safe space for staff and students within our ‘New Normal’. Resuming the borrowing of books is one of our priorities. To minimise handling of books during COVID-19 requires some precautionary changes to access and checking out the items.
- We have increased access to high demand items by converting all 2-hour loans to 7 day loans and making them available in the main collection
- Requested hold items will be filed under your family name on the open shelves near the Info Desks
- To make borrowing quick and easy we ask that if an item is already on the shelf you collect it yourself and borrow using the self-check machines
- All returns of items to the library will be undergoing isolation protocol for a period of time before being able to be borrowed again
Our Spaces and Staffed Hours
- All students and staff will be required to swipe or sign into the library. (Please ensure that you have your ID card with you)
- Staffed Library hours will be Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm until further notice
- 24/7 zones at Central (all floors & collections) and at Sturt
If you would like to talk to a Librarian Contact Us.
Library building access: Contact security if you have trouble getting into the Library. Find out more by visiting the Building Access web page .