It has certainly been a challenging year for the Australia-China Centre for Personal Health Technologies (ACCPHT). With partners across China and Australia our entire year has involved lab and office closures across all partners (although Flinders lab currently remains open) due to the devastating COVID-19 outbreaks. Ever resilient, our amazing team is still working hard to deliver outstanding research results whilst working remotely.
Over the next few months, we will be introducing the international team working in the Centre to develop a point of care testing device to measure a wide range of biomarkers from bodily fluids that will be incorporated into a smartphone.
Other key staff in the Flinders team include:
- Professor Anthony Maeder, User Interface Lead
- Professor Richard Reed, Clinical Panel Lead
- Dr Angus Wallace, Research Fellow in Medical Devices
- Carolyn Ramsey, Centre Manager
- Xinyi Zhang, Research Officer
- Joerg Boesalt, Software Developer
- Anh Pham Tran, PhD Student
- Hao Fu, Research Assistant
- Damian Tohl, Image Processing Specialist
The Centre, led by Flinders University in Australia and Nankai University in China, also includes La Trobe University and Motherson Innovations in Australia and Chinese partners Nankai University, Shandong Academy of Science, South China University of Technology and Shenzhen AIEgen Biotech. We will be introducing the teams from our other partners over the coming months.
Visit our website to learn more www.flinders.edu.au/accpht