Student placement in Katherine a success

Second year Masters of Speech Pathology student Cate Blackburn from the University of Canberra completed a placement in Katherine.

The eight-week placement saw Cate work at Wurli Wurlinjang Aboriginal Health Service.

While she travelled a long way for her placement, Cate and her five peers were supported by a team of Flinders NT staff who are based in Katherine.

The students are also supported through the provision of accommodation and transport to help relieve the pressure of finances while away from home.

“Flinders Uni is clearly investing in the future workforce of the NT by making sure we have a fantastic time on placement,” Cate said.

“By providing us with accommodation, a car to have adventures in, and Fridays set aside each week for paperwork and planning, they made sure I had enough time get all my work done yet still explore the local environment and go on adventures like canoeing and hiking at Nitmiluk Gorge.

“It really helped me to imagine what my life could be like if I were to move here in the future.

“Turns out I really like the look of my future life and I cannot wait to come back.

“Thanks for a great placement, Flinders!”

The Katherine Flinders campus supports placements for a range of health-based courses to be undertaken in the region including medicine, allied health and nursing.

The offerings in Katherine are growing with the expansion of student accommodation and student occupational therapy support.

To find out more about how we can help you undertake a placement in Katherine please click here.

Flinders NT Katherine Remote and Rural Interprofessional Placement Learning NT (RIPPL NT) Uncategorised