Get to know your college – Olly Crabb

What is your role and what does your work focus on?

Hello! I am a People and Culture Advisor for CMPH. I assist with General P&C enquiries covering a variety of areas from recruitment to reporting and a little of everything in-between!

Where did you work before joining CMPH?

I have recently worked in CNHS, CHASS and CSE before moving to CMPH. I enjoy the college environment and working alongside amazing people at Flinders. Before joining the University I worked in the Disability sector and for Australian Red Cross Life Blood.

What journey brought you to this point in your career?

I moved to Australia from the UK in 2008 and I have been fortunate enough to have fantastic opportunities to develop professionally. My mentor and friend Kelly inspired me to study further and pursue a career in People and Culture. Flinders has always been an employer of choice for me and I was very excited by the opportunity to join the team.

What is something you love most about your work?

I enjoy the variety of work we receive in People and Culture and the challenge of finding solutions to complex problems!

If you could tell your younger self one thing, what would it be?

Travel around Europe as it’s only an hour away on the train!

How do you like to relax or spend your spare time?

I love music and I currently play bass guitar in a local cover band. I also enjoy camping, painting and going to the cinema.

Get to know CMPH