Get to Know your College: Janine Eland – MDRS administration assistant

What is your role and what does your work focus on?  

I’m the student support admin assistant for the MDRS program in Mount Gambier.  My main focus is scheduling placements for our students in Mt Gambier, Naracoorte and Hamilton, as well as providing admin support to the Program Coordinator.

Where did you work before joining CMPH?  

After relocating to Mount Gambier at the end of 2019, I was at James Cook University in Cairns, where I worked in the University Library for 8 years, followed by 8 years as a Clinical Training Support Officer at the Cairns Clinical School.  Previously I have worked in admin roles in Darwin, country Victoria and the Adelaide Hills.

What journey brought you to this point in your career?  

I absolutely loved my job looking after medical students at the JCU Clinical School, so when the opportunity came up to be in a similar role with Flinders Rural and Remote Health I just knew it’s where I wanted to be again.

What is something you love most about your work? 

Seeing our students confidence grow from the first week they arrive to their final day is pretty rewarding.  I also work with a lovely team here who go above and beyond in the support of our students and of each other.

If you could tell your younger self one thing, what would it be?  

Stop with the overthinking!

How do you like to relax or spend your spare time?

Pilates, reading, and really, really trying to become a green thumb having recently moved into a brand new home.

Get to know CMPH