Get to know your College: Chris Paradisis

Research Associate Chris Paradisis has returned home to Darwin after a few years down in Adelaide. He has joined the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health research team.

What is your role and what does your work focus on?

My current role is Research Associate (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health) and I am working alongside Prof. James Smith on the YBMen NT Project.

Where did you work before joining CMPH?

I have just changed offices with Flinders Uni, I used to work with the Office of Indigenous Student and Engagement in Adelaide. I was the Outreach and Pathways Officer there. I would engage with first nations school students on why they should study at Flinders.

What journey brought you to this point in your career?

Geez, this questionnaire getting a bit philosophical… But I before my time at Flinders I was working within a marketing/advertising space which is what I love doing. However, the opportunity had come up to go within community engagement which I’ve always wanted to do, so I went for it.

What is something you love most about your work?

Across anything that I’ve done in my career, there is a certain “light-bulb moment” that people get. That could be from discussing ideas, learning new things, making connections, etc… That’s what I love.

If you could tell your younger self one thing, what would it be?

Put your savings into something called “Bitcoin”.

If you had a super power, what would it be?

Have the ability to heal people.

How do you like to relax or spend your spare time?

When I have the time… campfire on the beach, beer in hand, music in background.

Who is the most famous person you are related to?

Vincent Lingiari.

CMPH Staff Flinders NT Get to know CMPH NTMP Public Health Rural and Remote Uncategorised