An experience to cherish for a lifetime

To Nagpriya Shekar Hangal (Priya), the quality of education and the learning environment were equally as important as that of her chosen career path. Currently studying a Masters of Public Health, Priya has found Flinders University to be a very warm and welcoming environment for students coming from near or far.

Priya graduated with a Bachelor of Dental Surgery from KLE University in India before moving to Australia to pursue further studies. She decided to choose the Public Health degree because of the many opportunities it offers health professionals.

“Right from the time I stepped into the university, every day has been a new learning experience,” said Priya.

“This course teaches us about the true meaning of Community health, Policy Development, Health Promotion and Epidemiology along with the importance of applying this knowledge to help nations and people to live a healthier and happier life.

“I decided that Public Health is the right course for me because it allows me to practice with an on-field presence or as a researcher and health educator to help shape young minds.”

What Flinders has to offer for curious minds

Priya felt that Flinders University offered both a quality education and learning environment, and lived up to its reputation of having highly qualified professors and lecturers, vast libraries (including digital) for every sector, and world-class research facilities for curious minds.

“Amongst the many benefits Flinders has to offer, its campus and infrastructure always stand out. Situated atop the hill, the University offers mesmerising views. It preserves the native land and its flora and fauna, creating an eco-friendly environment for learning.

“The campus also offers a large variety of food choices, sports and recreational centres, medical facilities, Oasis Wellbeing Centre, and on-campus events that encourage socialising between international and domestic students.”

Gaining confidence to excel

“Flinders has given me an experience to cherish for a lifetime. My topic coordinators have helped me to gain the skills and confidence required to excel in academics and non-academics of my chosen career.

“I have been provided with a safe platform to speak my mind and form my opinion at any given time.

“I am also always encouraged to reach my full potential under the guidance of my highly intellectual course and topic coordinators.”

Studying at Flinders University has provided Priya with a platform that has helped her to shape her future in ways beyond her expectations.

“The University has guided and advised at every step of the way, proving that there is no limit to achieving your goals.”

The student facilities and internationally recognised teaching faculty provides a multicultural and vibrant experience.

“The Masters of Public Health at Flinders has given me the confidence to be my true self and made me fearless of the challenges to come.

“The guidance and experiences from the University will stay with me beyond the durations of my course, helping me make my mark on the world.”

No limit to achieving goals

Priya feels that the re-opening of the campus and facilities following the peak of the Covid-19 pandemic has only made lives better for all students, domestic and international.

“As an international student, who moved away from family and friends to pursue my ambition of being a health professional, I know I couldn’t have made a better choice than Flinders University.

“I hope everyone out there gets an opportunity to experience the warm and vibrant culture Flinders has to offer which is beyond inspiring.”

If you want to enjoy a vibrant educational experience and start your career in a world-class environment, choose to study Public Health at Flinders University.

CMPH Student Public Health