Get to know your College: Caroline Brook

Meet Caroline, Administration Assistant (Student Support) at the Mount Gambier Campus. She specialises in scheduling and administration for the MDRS 3rd-year medical program. Her passion for education and medicine, combined with her background in administration, enables her to create a welcoming office environment, build rapport with students, and enjoy moments of laughter and morning teas.

What is your role and what does your work focus on? 

I am based at the Rural & Remote Health Mount Gambier SA Campus.

My role as an Administration Assistant and Student Support in the MDRS 3rd year medical student program is to provide specialist student scheduling, timetabling, and administration support to management and staff in a wide range of duties.

Where did you work before joining MPH? 

Prior to joining Flinders, I worked within our family business with my husband, we currently own a full-service fitness facility, I still work within the business however we now have some fantastic staff that have allowed me to follow my preferred career path in administration.

What journey brought you to this point in your career? 

Administration has always been my background and after building up a family business and bringing up two amazing daughters it was time to get back into a career for myself, I have always been interested in education and medicine so I have been very fortunate to be able to put my interests together in one role and I couldn’t be happier!

What is something you love most about your work? 

I really love the office environment at the Mount Gambier Rural Campus, all staff work together as a team and I have felt welcome since day one. I also love building rapport with the students and learning about how they enjoyed the placements and experiences that the program offers, there’s always lots of laughs and morning teas!

How do you like to relax or spend your spare time?

If I manage to get some free time I enjoy a good dinner with friends, watching my daughters play sport, and taking the dog for a run. I also don’t mind an afternoon nap to recharge the batteries!

CMPH Staff Get to know CMPH