Get to know your College: Jarrad Law

What is your role and what does your work focus on? 

My role is Project Manager – Systems Development. My work is focussing on the MRFF AutoMedic grant with Assoc. Prof. Niranjan Bidargaddi, improving medicine reconciliation in hospital pharmacies through the use of AI, using the digital health lab’s platform CareMappr.

Where did you work before joining CMPH? 

I’ve been working as a casual with the digital health lab for a couple of years. Before that, I was the co-founder and CTO of the startup GoMicro, which uses devices and artificial intelligence to detect food quality and reduce food wastage.

What journey brought you to this point in your career? 

I started out as a developer, but have been slowly taking on more responsibilities and leading the technical development right before this new position.

What is something you love most about your work? 

Being a part of software that will help people. Our previous work has been focussing on mental health applications which I am passionate about. The people in our lab are also great to be working with.

How do you like to relax or spend your spare time?    

I play bass in a new punk/emo band called Nothing to Breathe. I also write apps with my partner (our first app just reached 100K downloads!)

CMPH Staff Get to know CMPH