Get to know your College: Iwona Brzeska

What is your role and what does your work focus on? 

I am a Clinical Research Project Manager working at Flinders Private Hospital – responsible for planning, coordination, implementation, and monitoring a number of projects, and have primary responsibility for the management and successful delivery of cardiac clinical trials and research projects.

Where did you work before joining CMPH? 

For the past 2.5 years I’ve been working as a Research Support Officer with the same team. Prior to Flinders University, for the past 9 years I was a public servant working in various government agencies including Department of Immigration and Border Protection, NSW Department of Trade and  Planning, and the City of Sydney Council.

What journey brought you to this point in your career? 

3 years ago I moved with my family from Sydney to Adelaide, looking for a better work-life balance and better lifestyle. Initially, I tried to seek a position within a local council, but after not having too much luck, decided to apply at some positions at Flinders University (I also have over 6 years experience in the education sector).  I have applied for a role within cardiology research and was found successful. I like changes and this was a massive change in my career.

What is something you love most about your work? 

My team – great bunch of individuals, supporting team, nice atmosphere, love and flexibility.

How do you like to relax or spend your spare time?    

Everything outdoors – travelling, camping, spending time with my husband, kids, and friends. Recently, doing wine testing around various wineries in McLaren Vale– 25 out of 100 ticked😊

(Feel free to can contact me for recommendations 😊)

CMPH Staff