Get to know your College: Margaret Cato-Smith

What is your role and what does your work focus on? 

I’ve been hired as a Senior Project Manager to help with the transition to the new HMRB building.

Where did you work before joining CMPH? 

I worked for ACU on the Melbourne campus as Associate Director, User Experience.

What journey brought you to this point in your career? 

After my last contract, I came to Adelaide to spend time with my daughter and thought if I could get work here, I could stay longer with her.

What is something you love most about your work? 

My work involves program and project management. I’m used to doing large and complex projects and the associated challenge is the best part – getting all the pieces to fit together for a successful outcome.

How do you like to relax or spend your spare time?    

Walking, especially in nature and around plants. I will garden again once I find a new home. I love the Adelaide Botanic Gardens. Since I’ll be living in the south very soon, I’m hoping to explore the Wittunga Botanic Garden. In 2021, I drove from Darwin to Adelaide and visited the Arid Lands Botanic Garden near Port Augusta. It’s great exploring new gardens that I haven’t seen before but I also love returning to gardens over time and seeing how they change with the seasons. It’s also good to see the changes made by gardeners over the years.

CMPH Staff