Welcome to this week’s HDR Development Bulletin.
This week we are tackling the topic: Research Strategy. Resources associated with this skill can be accessed here on the REST FLO site.
Your research strategy involves thinking beyond this month, this year or even beyond your current HDR project to your next steps as someone with highly developed research skills.
Do you know how to pitch yourself? Engage with stakeholders? Manage competing priorities? If you learnt about a Post-doc, fellowship, consultancy role or other dream job opportunity that you had to apply for by tomorrow… would you be ready?
This week we encourage you to pick a task that helps you work on your research strategy by building your career profile (such as creating or updating your Research Now profile or LinkedIn profile); or seeking out opportunities to present your work or grow your professional network.
To help you with the latter, here are some upcoming presenting, networking and funding opportunities you might like to consider:
- The Parliamentary Library 2024 Summer Research Scholarship (Close 14 Sept 2023)
- eGrad School Global Conference: Transdisciplinarity research to battle global sustainability problems (Close 15 Sept 2023)
- Flinders PhD Enterprise Scholarship with the Alcohol and Drug Foundation (Close 22 Sept 2023)
- SmartSat CRC Dr Peter Woodgate Scholarships for Earth Observation (Close 30 Sept 2023)
- $25,000 ACSPRI Fellowship Program now open for applications (Close 30 Sept 2023)
- Illuminate Adelaide Graduate Pathway Program (Close 20 Oct 2023)
- QPR Conference: Graduate Researchers: Identity and Importance (Close 23 Oct 2023)
- Playford Trust University Scholarships 2024 (Close 19 Jan 2024)
Want some personalised advice? Email HDR.Development@flinders.edu.au and we can help