Exchange Experience!

Hi there!

I am Florence, an exchange student from Singapore. Had always wanted to come to Australia for exchange as I had never been here before. When I arrived at Adelaide airport, there was a pick-up service from the ISS, which was really useful with my heavy luggages. It took me straight to my accommodation at Flinders University Hall, which I chose as meals are provided for during the weekdays. Met my room mate (I am staying in a double room), who is an exchange student as well!

So far, I have currently been here for 6 weeks, and am loving it here! At first, I was really not used to the early closure of shops (5pm) and how buses take a long time to arrive. However, the slower pace of life is really peaceful and relaxing, and it is amazing how I can see so many stars at night. People here have also been especially friendly and nice, and that was unexpected. Tried out 2 new school clubs – Korfball and Quidditch. Besides them being fun and new, I really learnt a lot and made some new friends! Will continue to go for trainings and hopefully get to play in social games.

My room mate and I have just came back from our short trip to Sydney 2 weeks again, and we had a lot of fun! We visited the famous Bridge, took rides at Luna Park, visited several markets in the city (Glebe and The Rocks markets are must-gos!), as well as made a trip out of the city to the scenic Blue Mountains.

As mid-term break is coming up, we will be visiting New Zealand with a few friends then, which I will blog about after we come back!

Florence Fong is currently on a semester exchange at Flinders University from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore 

Inbound Student Blogs Student Exchange 101