Good bye America!

So it’s been almost a week since I’ve arrived back in Australia, finishing my 6 months away from home in the Unites States.

The past semester has been filled with so many great memories, and experiences which makes me so glad that I took a risk and chose to study abroad in Butler University. I have made so many international friends from so many countries around the world, and hope to stay in touch with all of them, as well as the American friends who became one of my closest friends on the trip!

The classes I took at Butler University were definitely interesting, and have allowed me to gain an insight on the issues of gender, race, in the American society. I’ve learnt so much throughout my semester, even though at times the amount of homework felt overwhelming, professors and students were always so friendly in helping you succeed.

Butler University has such a friendly and welcoming community, and I’m so glad that I chose this university for my semester to study abroad. There was always some sort of activity which was organised by the university, or students.

After finishing my semester at Butler University, I had the opportunity to travel a little more throughout the United States, I explored Chicago, Washington DC, New Jersey, and New York City to end my amazing first half of 2016 before heading back home. I checked a lot of places and experiences off of my bucket list, like seeing Times Square, walking through Central Park, and seeing the White House!

This was an unforgettable semester, and I wouldn’t have changed a single thing!

I definitely recommend any student thinking of studying abroad, to just do it!

Selina

Selina Baguio, a Bachelor of Education (Primary R-7), Bachelor of Arts student, Semester 1 2016 exchange at Butler University, United States

• Read Selina’s 1st and 2nd posts here and here
Saying Goodbye to my roommate Hyewon from S.Korea
Iconic Bean - Cloud Gate in Chicago
Iconic Bean – Cloud Gate in Chicago
National Harbour in Maryland
National Harbour in Maryland
Huge contrast between the buzzing city of New York, and the serenity of Central Park
Times Square at night
Times Square at night
Outbound Student Blogs Student Exchange 101