Blog Post #1 Pre Departure

This semester I’m going to be studying at Utrecht University in the Netherlands. I decided to study overseas because I wanted to experience a different culture, and have always wanted to live in another country. It’s going to be something new, and an amazing experience.

I’m not entirely sure what to expect – I know studying’s going to be a bit different, they only do two subjects a term at Utrecht, so that should be interesting! I think the Netherlands are going to be quite a bit different from Australia, particularly because of the language barrier. I’m hoping its not going to be too much of an issue!

I’m really excited about travelling – I’m travelling for almost two months before Uni starts, so I’ll be able to see a lot of Europe, hopefully!

I’m also looking forward to living in another city for 6 months, living in a different style than I’m used to – I never ride bikes, but obviously that’s something I’ll be doing there!

Kristen Kahl, a Bachelor of International Tourism student, Semester 2 2016 exchange at Utrecht University, the Netherlands