A Little Austrian Girl in Australia

I am Veronika from the beautiful but small country Austria. Back home, I am in my 3rd semester of the Bachelor Program Tourism and Leisure Management. My biggest passion is travelling so I guess I found my dream job. I got the chance of doing my Exchange Semester at the Flinders University in Adelaide. The campus is very modern and really well organised.
In high school we discussed Australia during my English classes. Our teacher showed us pictures from her trip there – the continent on the other side of the world. When I came home from school this day, I told my parents with a glint in my eyes:

“When I am old enough, I am going to Australia!”

Now, eight years later, my dream became true and I arrived in Adelaide, South Australia and the next adventure had begun. Five weeks in this outstanding country and it feels somehow already home to me. People are helpful and always having a smile in their face – how could somebody not like that?

Adelaide itself is a calm city with its own charm. No matter where I have been those days, in the Barossa Valley drinking some wine (Must do!), at the Mount Lofty Summit, in Hahndorf or in the Cleland Wildlife Park feeding Kangaroos and stroking Koalas in the Adelaide Hills, I liked it all and I am sure I am in the middle of an eye outstanding and rememberable adventure.

Veronika Peinter, semester exchange at Flinders University from IMC University of Applied Sciences Krems, Austria, Semester 2 2016

Inbound Student Blogs Student Exchange 101