Malaysia Here I Come

Next month I will be travelling for the first time to Malaysia for 3 weeks. I have always wanted to travel and my studies are very important to me, so when I heard about the New Colombo Plan mobility grant offered by Flinders University I just couldn’t say no! What could be a better way to start off the new year than a trip to another country?

This trip includes cultural tours, sightseeing, language studies and more, which just sounds like the perfect trip to me. We will be staying for 2 weeks at UKM just outside Kuala Lumpur and the remaining week at the Langkawi Research Centre.

I am very excited to experience a culture that is so vastly different from my own while also having some down time to relax. Also, let’s be real, I am very excited to try the food! By travelling with 9 other students I hope to make some great friends and have some really exciting experiences that I can remember for the rest of my life.

Kaili Stacey, Bachelor of Science (Nanotechnology) student, participating in “Investigating the history, culture, politics, and science and technology capability of  Malaysia” in January 2017