Pre New Colombo Plan Malaysia Trip

In January, I am flying to Malaysia to study at the National University of Malaysia for three weeks. I had received a number of emails about the New Colombo Plan mobility grant involving a trip to Malaysia, however, after applying on the last day I did not think I was in with much a chance. A few days later I was surprised and extremely excited when I was told that I had been accepted as one of the ten students. I am so excited to go overseas as I love travelling, experiencing new cultures and meeting new people. I am also looking forward to spending time with other Flinders University students who enjoy similar topics as me. I expect that studying in a different country will be a very different experience but will allow for me to expand my opportunities. When I first started at Flinders University I did not have a clear idea of the career path I wished to take and I believe that exploring a different culture and completing a chemistry topic while in Malaysia will benefit me greatly.

Catherine Hopkins,  Bachelor of Science (Forensic and Analytical Science) student, participating in “Investigating the history, culture, politics, and science and technology capability of  Malaysia” in January 2017