Home Time

A year as passed since jetting off to the University of Calgary and I couldn’t be happier with my choice to go there and my choice to do two semesters of exchange instead of the one. It allowed me to truly get a handle on the city, learn to call it home, and experience as much as I could. Although I tried to resist, the year also wore me down to become a poutine eating, ceaser drinking, 2-stepping Albertan. Something I never fathomed transforming into.

To give a recap on the past few months, I managed to have a weekend away in Banff with a big old twenty of my closest mates! We went for a few hikes and had a little dip into the Banff nightlife. I attended my third ski trip with the UofC Board Club (I would definitely advise going on these if you do an exchange there :)). These trips are choc-a-block full of smiles, shenanigans, and the most perfect snow you will ever get to set your eyes on.
Last but not least, I got to experience Vancouver and Vancouver Island on a two-week trip over Christmas and New years. I’m still unsure on Vancouver as far as a city goes but the island is possibly the most beautiful place I have ever seen! Its immense beauty is inescapable and surrounds you constantly. It’s a crazy, crazy place.

I’ve been home a few days now but my mind is still in Canada. It’s going to be a struggle to readjust to normal life but I’m sure I’ll get there soon enough. At least its plus 40 degrees here, not minus 40! I am very thankful for the opportunity to experience what I have and to now have ties to such an incredible place that is Calgary. Cheers Canada.

Lochlan Price, Bachelor of Psychological Science/Bachelor of Business  (Management) student , Semester 1 and 2 2016 exchange at University of Calgary, Canada

Blog 3 Photo 2
Lochlan in Canada
Halloween time
Halloween time
Lochlan with his friends
Lochlan with his friends