Goodbye Malaysia, until next time!

I have just spent the most amazing three weeks learning, laughing, experiencing and living in Malaysia.  I was introduced to an entirely different way of life where even eating is done differently.  I learnt so much about the history and culture of Malaysia by experiencing it first hand.  For example we had the amazing opportunity of visiting a Royal Palace as well as two Chinese homes during Chinese New Year, where we joined in on their traditional festivities. I also learnt about geophysics; Nano cellulose and its synthesis for advance application; emerging pollutants in Malaysia; conservation and sustainability of natural genetics resources; geoforest parks and much more. I was also able to visit multiple geoforest parks in Langkawi and witness how amazing they were.

I was able to make lifelong friends who were from Malaysia, whom I hope to meet again soon when they visit Australia or when I return to Malaysia one day.  I also made some amazing new friends from Flinders, who I will continue to catch up with and remain friends with forever.

For those of you considering doing study overseas, I would highly recommend it! Even if it is just three weeks, it may sound like not long, but trust me, you will love every minute of it and never look back; it is definitely worth it!

Amy Griffin, Bachelor of Science (Honours) (Forensic and Analytical Science) student, participating in “Investigating the history, culture, politics, and science and technology capability of  Malaysia” in January 2017 

• Raead Amy’s first post here

Outbound Student Blogs